The release of Adobe Commerce 2.4.6 and Magento Open Source 2.4.6 took place on March 14, 2023. As promised every new version of Magento brings in new functionalities, feature enhancements, security enhancements, and much more. Adobe Commerce 2.4.6 and Magento Open Source 2.4.6 have both been recently released, and there are exciting new updates to […]
The release of Adobe Commerce 2.4.6 and Magento Open Source 2.4.6 took place on March 14, 2023.
As promised every new version of Magento brings in new functionalities, feature enhancements, security enhancements, and much more.
Adobe Commerce 2.4.6 and Magento Open Source 2.4.6 have both been recently released, and there are exciting new updates to share. Let’s take a closer look at the new features and improvements introduced in Magento 2.4.6.
What does Magento 2.4.6 bring in?
Adobe Commerce 2.4.6 has introduced support for PHP 8.2. Although PHP 7.4 support has been discontinued, PHP 8.1 will continue to receive support. Core Composer dependencies and third-party libraries have been upgraded to be compatible with PHP 8.2.
Magento 2.4.6 contains 300 quality fixes and enhancements, including significant performance and scalability improvements.
The Beta Release Notes of Adobe Commerce 2.4.6 has stated the following highlights.
- The latest release now includes compatibility for PHP 8.2, while support for PHP 8.1 has been marked as deprecated.
- Include support for Composer 2.2.x.
- Removed outdated dependencies.
- Adobe Commerce and Magento Open Source 2.4.6 also support OpenSearch 2.x on both Cloud and on-premises.
- Involves support for Redis 7.0.x.
- Supports ElasticSearch 8.x.
- DHL schema migrated from v6.2 to v10.0.
- Incorporated support for MariaDB 10.6.
- Magento’s upcoming version 2.4.6 will feature 8 security fixes.
- The reCAPTCHA validation will no longer fail in cases of unexpected errors during payment processing at checkout.
Performance and Scalability Improvements
- Configuration settings that can enhance the performance of operations that impact customer segments
- To optimize the product grid’s performance, you can reduce the number of products that are visible within it by implementing a limit on the amount displayed.
- Up to 100,000 records per minute can now be imported by merchants.
- Load balancing has been implemented to enhance the performance of order processing.
- Italy and Spain can now take advantage of the Pay Later button and banners, as they have been enabled in the latest release.
- Enabled PayLater messaging with PayPal Vault.
- Web hooks for Fraud Protection, ACH, and LPM (Local Payment Methods), have been integrated to improve their capabilities.
- With the latest release, the Venia storefront (PWA) has been enhanced to offer a more intuitive, feature-rich, and user-friendly experience to customers.
GraphQL Response Time Enhanced
- Querying categories with enabled permissions will result in an improvement in response time.
- Improved performance of category tree rendering.
- Reduced response time for bulk cart operations.
Page Builder Support Enhanced
- Adobe Commerce 2.4.6 supports Page Builder v.1.7.3.
PWA Studio Support Enhanced
- Adobe Commerce 2.4.6 supports PWA Studio v.13.0.x.
Additional Issue Fixes in Magento 2.4.6:
Hundreds of issues have been fixed in the latest Adobe Commerce 2.4.6 and Magento Open Source 2.4.6.
- The composer installs command no longer results in overwriting of .gitignore files.
- The latest release now includes exceptions and their stack trace entries in var/log/exception.log.
- Customers can now use keyboard inputs with ease as the checkout buttons are now functioning as expected.
- The latest release includes an informative message when the compile command encounters a failure.
Official Beta Release Notes:
Mar 16th, 2023